Pages

Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Welcome to Trashy Energy

Using all types of waste to get heat and power is very interesting and innovative.  Growing up I began taking all sorts of things apart mainly, lawn mowers, old motorcycles, and electric motors.  From those experiences I became very interested in all types of energy and began leaning how to fix these simple engines and started building my own tiny motors using little magnets, nails, and wire.  Seemed like you could generate mechanical work out of just about anything.  That passion grew into a new way of thinking that has caused me to be very interested in ways of producing energy out of cheap (usually free) feedstocks.  Studying chemical and biochemical engineering here at Colorado School of Mines has helped me understand these sometimes complex processes.  I hope to introduce many of you to many of these new (and sometimes very old) ways of converting just about any type of waste into energy.

Whether its food wastes, garbage, poop, manure, plastics, or a bunch (I mean a whole bunch) of dead trees there are ways to turn these wastes into energy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment