Pages

Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Self Evaluation

Because this blog is also an assignment for my Communicating Science class, I now have to post my first of three self evaluations.  

Overall, I feel that my blog has come together very nicely.  It is easy to read and the design goes well with my topic.  I have 9 posts (more than assigned), all of which have been focused on my topic of waste to energy, except for this one and the video of Brylie's trick.  Topics I have discussed include anaerobic digestion, including feed stocks of both dog poop and cow manure, as well as wastewater energy, and local waste to energy news.  I feel that all of my posts have been written in a way that almost anyone can understand, and relate to.  If I do use certain word that I feel are to advanced, I define them in an easier way to understand.  I have used links, pictures, and videos (one of my own) to supplement my posts.  Also, I feel that I have gotten plenty of traffic on my blog from other students.  I have gotten around 15 comments, including some of my own responses.  I have also been working hard on commenting on other blogs that I am interested in, by asking questions, or posting articles that I have found that goes along with the posts ( I have commented approximately 10 times).

As for some goals I have to improve my blog, I hope to get interaction from those outside of our class in the near future.  I also want to discuss other types of waste to energy, such as gasification, pyrolysis, and landfill gas technologies.  There is a ton of information out there and I plan to just scratch the surface.  Overall, I feel that my blog could be considered a high B to low A, as defined by the rubric on commforge.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment